[linux-audio-user] Re: 2.6.0 song theme... request.

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Thu Nov 13 14:05:00 EST 2003

> I think there is a real need for a web site devoted to (links to?) music
> written with Linux.  It would be good to see what people are using in
> the way of software, and how the finished product sounds..  Obviously
> streaming content would be nice but links to iuma or mp3.com sites would
> be fine.
>
> Any takers?
>
> James

In a related thought, I've wondered for a while where all of the Linux
servers supporting most of the individually developed web pages, not the
SourceForge stuff are. Are people paying for server space for these sites?
My cable modem ISP won't let me run a web server out of my house.

I ask in the spirit that if I was willing to run a site like your
suggesting, how do I do it on the cheap? The problem with streaming mp3s is
using up lots of bandwidth pretty quickly and getting turned off on the
$7.95/month type servers.

Cheers,
Mark