[linux-audio-user] stompboxes2 and audacity question

james kellam airbrush at freeshell.org
Thu Nov 13 16:02:18 EST 2003

Hi all,
I have finally managed to get audacity installed, as well as stompboxes2.

I can put any sample I have into audacity and apply effects and edit it.
However, they have to be prerecorded samples.
I am trying to play my guitar through either audacity or stompboxes2.
All I can get out of stompboxes2 is s lot of hissing, I have tried muting the mic, unmuting it, etc. whith the mike unmuted I can hear a dry guitar signal.
I need to find a way to play my guitar through the app.
any ideas?
cpu:850mHz Celeron
distro: lfs-4.0
soundcard: sblive!