[linux-audio-user] JACK-0.90.0 Released

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Mon Nov 17 04:54:00 EST 2003

> jack now has a "freewheeling" mode for faster
> than realtime operation.

Faster than realtime? Does this require loading the einstein kernel
module?

Seriously, folks, I can appreciate that what is probably meant is
'faster than what the hardware considers to be realtime', but I think
we have to be careful with the semantics here. Otherwise, people will
think that Linux audio developers are promising the impossible!

Imagine: 'I overdubbed the guitar track and the second instrument came
in half a second before the first, while on Windows it comes in half
a second later. Linux rocks - and bends space-time too!'

Cheers

Daniel