[linux-audio-user] Great news for JACK & KDE

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Fri Nov 21 11:30:02 EST 2003

> Well, KDE is suppoed to cover more than just linux

In theory, yes, but has anyone seen KDE running on Solaris or anything
like that? All the non-Linux platforms running free software desktops
that I've seen have had GNOME - BSDs users, for example. Sun even
built SUSE with a GNOME interface for its (cough...) 'Java Desktop'.

I guess artsd could be retained for legacy use, but with ALSA 1.0 just
around the corner, what's any Linux distributions excuse for not
making it the default? And we know that artsd won't be much use until
the non-KDE applications support it, which isn't very likely.

Cheers

Daniel