[linux-audio-user] Recommendatio wanted

Robert Jonsson robert.jonsson at dataductus.se
Wed Nov 26 04:12:17 EST 2003

To summarize,

with the exemptions you did there are no alternatives left.

PCI based cards that support SF2 are basically all Creative cards, starting
with the SB-Live.
Though, In linux I think they all use the same driver so unless it's fixed
there's not much you can do.

To my knowledge there are two SF2 capable softsynts, Fluidsynth and Timidity.
I don't use Timidity so I can't say anything about it.
As for Fluidsynth, it works very well for me, there are probably bugs, though
it works.
Unfortunately the mailinglist(and project) is pretty much in hybernation at
the moment so I understand perfectly that your propositions have not been
implemented.
If you have a good idea of what the problem is, it would be great if you tried
and poked around in the Fluidsynth code yourself (probably not what you
wanted to hear ;)

Regards,
Robert