[linux-audio-user] Recommendatio wanted

Hartmut Z Noack symposion at onlinehome.de
Tue Nov 25 18:22:39 EST 2003

If SB-Live does not work sufficiently, why dont trying to use Terratecs
EWX24/96? The card does not have Hardware SF-Support but you can load
SFs into RAM (if you have enough...) and it works perfectly well for me.

AWE64 was a great card for its price back in the days, when ISA was the
default for Soundcards. That the support for these cards is fading is
only natural, since the great PCI-Cards, shipped nowadays are simply
much better and thus more interesting for developers also...

Conclusion: try Delta 66 or some similar Pro-Gear or try it with a
ICE-chipbased card like terratecs muse, whitch are verywell supported by
alsa and can play SF from RAM.