[linux-audio-user] What HW do I need?

Greg Reddin gtreddin at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 26 09:54:20 EST 2003

Erik,

I'm having good success with the Delta1010 LT.  I know the analog
and SPDIF I/O works as does MIDI input.  I've not tested MIDI output
yet, but I suspect it works.  I've heard that not all of the LT
functions are supported by ALSA, but I have yet to find one that I
need.

For what you're wanting to do the Delta 44 or 66 would work, but if
you can spend the extra money for a 1010 it would allow you to do
more in the future.

As to your external mixer question, I don't have one, but the 1010LT
has 2 mic preamps.  If you go with the 44, 66, or 1010, or want
better quality pres, you'll need a mixer or external preamp.  An
external mixer is not a requirement in the DAW world, but it can be
helpful for monitoring and such.  Personally, I'd use the money for a
better soundcard or some nice pres.

Greg