[linux-audio-user] TiMidity++ and FluidSynth

Joerg Anders j.anders at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Thu Nov 27 02:29:54 EST 2003

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Dave Phillips wrote:

>   TiMidity can be configured to use soundfonts. Here's the contents of
> my ~/timidity.cfg file :

I would use TiMidity++. The problem is: In contrast to FluidSynth
TiMidity loads the instruments not until they are really needed.

That is: If the clarinet keeps silent for - say - 20 measures
the clarinet waves are not loaded. In measure 20 TiMidity
starts loading the clarinet. This requires processor time
and leads to a short gap. (Also with my 2.4 GHz Intel)

Does anybody know how to change this behaviour?

And: Does anybody know how to recorord the FluidSynth
aoutput into a WAV file ?

--
J.Anders, Chemnitz, GERMANY (ja at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de)