[linux-audio-user] jack latency & MIDI latency (PCI Audigy player)--> digital output

Antonio noise81 at supereva.it
Wed Oct 1 10:22:01 EDT 2003

Thanks to all for the anwers.

Anyway (there have been some incomprention) my card is a pci audigy
player, not an usb one.

I use for example ams in realtime driven via midi. If I don't use jack
and output directly to alsa, why doesn't the latency decrease?
I think:
   midi in latency + synth lat + alsa out lat
instead of
   midi in latency + synth lat + jack lat + alsa out lat

What's wrong?

I've another issue. When I use the digital output of my card I cannot
adjust the volume, but only mute/unmute the output from the alsamixer.

Is it a driver limit or maybe have I to put something in asound.conf (I
don't have that file, only asound.state)?

Antonio, bye.