[linux-audio-user] Reliable A/D with linux laptop

Austin aacton at yorku.ca
Wed Oct 1 14:08:01 EDT 2003

On 10/01/2003 01:23:11 PM, Nathaniel Gray wrote:
> Can anybody recommend a solution that's really
> simple to set up and reliable to use under linux and doesn't cost an
> arm and a leg (e.g. less than $400)?  I'm not too picky about number of
> ins and outs or fancy features, more picky about quality,
> compatability, ease-of-use, and reliability.

I belive it's been said several times on this list that Edirol USB interfaces
work almost flawlessly, with no specific setup required.  They can easily be
found at music stores, or the better computer shops.

Avoid M-Audio like the plague.  I want to kill my quattro.

Austin
--
                                 Austin Acton
        Synthetic Organic Chemist, Teaching Assistant, Ph.D. Candidate