[linux-audio-user] latency issues

dwillis at stx.rr.com dwillis at stx.rr.com
Mon Oct 6 10:15:00 EDT 2003

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, Robert Jonsson wrote:

> First, I'd like to know if you by "latency testing" mean that you ran
> Benno's latency test program?

yes, as well as actual pd results.  it seems i was using a messed up
custom latencytest, and when i found the proper one (i have many on my
system and it's been 2 years since using them) i got the best results i've
ever seen (1.1ms max for all tests at 0% cpu, 1.2ms at 80%).

so, it looks like the problem must be with pd.  i'm going to try some
older versions now.

> For some info do check (seems to be down at the moment)
> http://myweb.cableone.net/eviltwin69/ALSA_JACK_ARDOUR.html

thanks. it's up now.

> Did you check what IRQ your card was assigned? There's lots of interesting
> info in the above document.

11, and nothing on 8 or 9 (though my eth, usb [unused], agp card, and
onboard sound [unused] are all on 11 as well).

> As a sidenote, my system doesn't do much better than the 16ms scenario
> either... I don't know if it's hardware or software problems... Trying the
> "tricks" in the document above did help though...

what "tricks?"

thanks,
dave