[linux-audio-user] recording delay in Ardour...

Mark Knecht markknecht at comcast.net
Tue Oct 7 13:07:00 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 09:27, Aaron Trumm wrote:
> > Aaron,
> >    That's quite large. I run at -p 128 most of the time, and sometimes
> > at 64.
>

> yeah - that's what it took with my other sound card to not play back with
> constant glitches and xruns - I'll have to try without that

Yes, give it a try. If your machine is set up well and the card has a
good IRQ (9, 10 or 11 with nothing generating lots of interrupts n front
of it) the my experience with both of my RME cards under Linux is taht
they work quite well.

:-( I'm having trouble with one Windows ME installation right now that
has my Hammerfall Lite in it. I have a triple boot setup with three
separate installations on it:

1) Planet CCRMA Linux - no xruns, works great
2) Win ME running GigaStudio - works great. no clicks and pops
3) Win ME running Reaktor Session - clicks and pops all over the place

Reaktor takes a lot of CPU power, and this is my slowest box (P3 500) so
I'm thinking that it's just underpowered, but it goes to show that lots
of things effect how well a box works...

:-(

Cheers,
Mark