[linux-audio-user] resampling question

Tommi Sakari Uimonen tuimonen at cc.hut.fi
Tue Oct 7 17:07:00 EDT 2003

Hi. If I want to resample from 96khz to 48khz, what would give the best
result: use libsamplerate, or just drop off odd (or even) samples?

I guess the libsamplerate and any of its interpolations would cause some
digital garbage anyway, or are they intellectual enough to detect that the
rate is halved and just perform a drop off?

Since I don't know any programs that would just halve the rate by
dropping, I'd have to code it myself, but it shouldn't be too hard.

Any suggestions?

Tommi Uimonen