[linux-audio-user] Re Digital Audio Out on kernel 2.6

dwillis at stx.rr.com dwillis at stx.rr.com
Wed Oct 8 10:11:00 EDT 2003

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Q wrote:

> As for installing Red Hat, well I am a Gentoo Linux user... For better
> or for worse that is what I am... It has taken me 4 months to get Gentoo
> set up (its only rival in terms of difficulty to install is I think
> Linux from Scratch) and after having gotten everything else working, I'm
> not in the mood to give up now.

four months?  i discovered gentoo september 19 and have everything that
i need set up now (and today i discovered i can use cooledit96 under
wine!).  redhat sucks.   suse is great for easy use.

anyway, i've got the same audio chipset, as well as an audiophile 2496,
but my motherboard (kt400-alh) has analog 5.1 output, no digital.  i can
try to see if that option works under linux, thoough, if you think it will
help you.

also, make sure you are using a proper spdif cable (75 ohm, i think), and
not just any rca cable as it won't work.  i wish i could find one of those
here in korea.

ffiw,
dave