Patch sharing, was: Re: [linux-audio-user] recording delay in Ardour...

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Wed Oct 8 16:57:00 EDT 2003

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 16:58:45 +0200
Robert Jonsson <robert.jonsson at dataductus.se> wrote:

> I was going to reply to a previous message on this thread with the intention
> of saying that the problem might be that there are no sites/channels where
> one can share patches or similar in the linux audio world...
> But after seeing the new layout of Noizefarm
> http://devdsp.net/index.pl?main=noizefarm
> I'd say this isn't an argument anymore...  looks great!
>
> It could probably do better in the advertisement area though... unless I was
> the last one to know??

I really wish more people would contribute patches to the Noizefarm.

Having more presets and patches is fundamental for making our software more usable, and it's not always the program authors that are the best people to do this. I'd really encourage anybody who wants to contribute and who can't program to post patches on the noizefarm, or make them generally availible.

Also it follows the whole GPL philosophy of sharing of modifications, I'm suprised it's not more popular.

Another thing I'd like to see is more people showing off the music they've made with this stuff, it makes a good impression to people thinking of trying linux if they can hear what other people have done.

Moaning over :) but maybe there really aren't enough of us...

dave

: www.pawfal.org/nebogeo :