[linux-audio-user] Re Digital Audio Out on kernel 2.6

Tim Orford tim at orford.org
Wed Oct 8 18:38:00 EDT 2003

> Ah screw it, I'm giving up and buying a Terratec Aureon 7.1 soundcard in

damn i was hoping you might be able to get to the bottom of this
via82 nonsense :-)

> The only problem is, what is the module name for these cards? All
> refference to module names for any soundcard appears to have been
> removed from the alsa site...
>
> How will I know what module/s to load if I have no idea of the module name?

do you know which chipset it uses?
the output of lspci will hopefully tell you.
you can then match it against the list of modules (in /lib/modules/...).

if you are lucky alsa may just load the correct module anyway..

cheers
--
Tim Orford