[linux-audio-user] recording delay in Ardour...

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Thu Oct 9 09:47:01 EDT 2003

> Linux audio developers might best be considered as the
> architects of a foundation for a wonderful future, which is hardly
> consolation for the average musical Joe who wants to turn on, tune
> in, and rock *now*.

Hey - we 'rock' now - and my bass playing is pretty average, or less.
Fortunately, the other members of our band are more talented.

http://x-11.info/x-11_you_say_nothing.ogg

Seriously though folks, there's nothing I've seen in proprietary
software on any platform to match the accessibility of Audacity. If
you can work a cassette recorder, you can get started with that.

And if it's Linux installation knowledge that's lacking, then
dyne:bolic 1.1 is the answer. I met Jaromil yesterday at the Linux
Expo in London, where the team were showing off the distro on a
couple of laptops and a Microsoft X Box.

Cheers

Daniel