[linux-audio-user] ogg player for Windows?

Barton Bosch barton_bosch at eudoramail.com
Thu Oct 9 17:48:00 EDT 2003

I recently had some problems with static while playing back some wav files with Winamp3 on my W98 partition, and after reading this thread, tried Winamp2.91 (I think, 2.9x anyway).  It seems to be working alright so far, thoough I haven't tested it with the problem files yet.

What's wrong with Winamp3?  Is it the same kind of static problems that I encountered, or something else?

Oh, and BTW, Winamp2.x for the last couple of releases supports Ogg Vorbis without needing a plug-in.

Thanks,

Barton

Check out the new EudoraMail at
http://www.eudoramail.com