[linux-audio-user] audiophile 2496 - spdif in

wes schreiner wes at infosink.com
Thu Oct 9 19:49:01 EDT 2003

Rick Taylor wrote:

>On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 07:49:02 -0500
>"wes schreiner" <wes at infosink.com> wrote:
>

>>Robert Jonsson wrote:

>http://www.ibiblio.org/mdw/HOWTO/Serial-HOWTO-8.html#ss8.1

OK, I forgot about lspnp/setpnp and lspci/setpci. I use lspnp/setpnp on
my IBM Thinkpad 600E to turn the external serial port on and off, among
other things. lspnp/setpnp require a kernel with PNP support compiled
in. Kernel 2.4 mainline doesn't have this yet, but it is in the -ac
patches and also in the kernel that some distros have (Redhat has it I
think, but Debian doesn't). 2.6 has PNP support.

The support for using lspci/setpci is in all 2.4.x kernels I think, but
it doesn't always do what you want. I have a Zoran 36057 video capture
device sitting on IRQ 10, same as my sound card. IRQ 9 is unused (no
ACPI), so I just tried "setpci -v -s 03:09.0 INTERRUPT_LINE=09" to
change its IRQ. lspci -v still says it is at IRQ 10, but lspci -b -v
says it is at IRQ 9. Which is it? OK, I modprobe zr36067 and the module
loads, and now both lspci -v and lspci -v -b agree that the Zoran chip
is at IRQ 10, so nothing changed. *Sigh* I suppose setpci will work in
some cases, with some cards, but it sure isn't a panacea.

wes