[linux-audio-user] More MIDI/sysex dump/sequencers...

Tim Orford tim at orford.org
Thu Oct 9 22:31:43 EDT 2003

On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 08:35:05PM -0500, Aaron Trumm wrote:
> well I've been googling, and reading and googling and boogling and moogling
> and juggling and fuggling and tuggling for hours upon hours and I still have
> this question...
>
> "So, are you all telling me that there are no sequencers for linux that
> support a simple sysex dump and sysex receive, you know, by taking a .syx
> file and throwing it out to the machine?"

i'm not saying the situation is good, but i cant see a good
argument for integrating this functionality into a 'sequencer'.
I think many people would say that creating bloated monolithic
apps was the wrong direction to go in.

did you look at jsynth?
http://www.overwhelmed.org/jsynthlib/
i havnt tried it but if its as advertised it should
do what you want i think.

good luck!
--
Tim Orford