[linux-audio-user] More MIDI/sysex dump/sequencers...

Rick Taylor ricktaylor at speakeasy.net
Fri Oct 10 01:42:00 EDT 2003

Mark Knecht <markknecht at comcast.net> wrote:
>On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 20:08, Aaron Trumm wrote:
>
>> yeah I guess you're right.  a stand alone librarian would be just the
>> trick - if they seemed to exist! :)  it sort of seemed to me that it was now
>> an easier or more likely thing that you'd see a bit of a sysex librarian
>> inside a sequencer package than as a standalone, but now that I think about
>> it, nah.
>>
>> I hadn't thought of it as bloated per se *laugh*  it's a simple feature
>> that's a part of cakewalk for DOS, for god's sake - they all seem to do
>> realtime sysex recording/playback - seems a lot easier to do normal dumping
>> to me, since that was happening before realtime sysex stuff (or WAS it?)
>> but it used to be that they hadn't integrated sysex stuff into sequencers,
>> so you'd get these little midi librarian programs.  well ok then cakewalk
>> and others integrated the little midi librarian into the sequencer.  hence,
>> my thought...
>
>Why not run Cakewalk for DOS under either Wine or DOSEMU in Linux?

 {Wonder if they'd consider porting that to SDL?}

>Would that work? (Question to the group as well as Aaron)
>Does Rosegarden not do SysEx dumps? I'm surprised.
>
>- Mark (doing Reaktor bass lines tonight...)

http://www.co.jyu.fi/~tola/works.html libra

http://www.jazzware.com/cgi-bin/Zope.cgi/jazzware/

http://www.overwhelmed.org/jsynthlib/ {I'll toss in a plug here for Sun's lovely
new java desktop.}

http://www.synthzone.com/

 {Just finished 2Towers {movie} will presently try to get Jahshaka to compile,
spend some time in Sonar, spend some time in Jahshaka {the binaries were easy}
and spend much time in explorer sorting sounds and "songs" {and, probably trying
to improve various softsynth skills.}}