[linux-audio-user] More MIDI/sysex dump/sequencers...

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Fri Oct 10 05:00:01 EDT 2003

Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> Chris Cannam wrote:
>>Mark Knecht wrote:
>>
>>>Does Rosegarden not do SysEx dumps?
>>
>>Not from external files, no.  It's on the todo list.  RG does
>>support sysex inlined in the MIDI file, as Dave Phillips suggested,
>>although there's no particularly useful way to edit them.
>
> Whats the difficulty in implementing it in RG?

No particular difficulty, it just hasn't been done yet.

Here's the outstanding feature request, and I see it does actually
include a bit of information about how to hack the data from syx
files into sysex events in RG:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=762186&group_id=4932&atid=354932

Chris