AW: [linux-audio-user] ogg player for Windows?

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Fri Oct 10 05:14:00 EDT 2003

> I've posted mp3 + ra in the past. I could add .ogg to that
> in the future to support the cause without cutting off my own nose,
> right?

Sure - what we do is provide .ogg as standard and .mp3 as the inferior
alternative, legacy format. That begs the question 'what's better
about Ogg?' to which the answer is 'faster download and less storage
space for you, less bandwidth used for me'. Saving bandwith will be
appreciated by people hosting music sites.

I figure arguments about sound quality are lost on people who listen
to music on iPods or those little plastic speakers that you get free
with the computer. The same would go for discussion on patents for
people who use Windows; they are not really interested. But faster
downloads due to smaller file size - everyone can appreciate that.

Cheers

Daniel