[linux-audio-user] More MIDI/sysex dump/sequencers...

Tommi Sakari Uimonen tuimonen at cc.hut.fi
Fri Oct 10 08:04:00 EDT 2003

> Cranky me would love to see a MIDI-only sequencer for Linux, i.e., with
> absolutely no audio support. But I'm not too distressed: I can run

If you are familiar with tracker-style interface, then I suggest you check
shaketracker & tutka.

http://www.reduz.com.ar/cheesetronic/ -> shaketracker

http://www.nongnu.org/tutka/

A new version of Tutka has been just released, I haven't tested it yet,
but the old version had sysex in/out, but it lacked the sysex editor - so
you were only able to send sysexes that you first received from your
synth.

I discussed with the developer (back in year 2002) about a sysex editor,
don't know if it's implemented yet.

Tommi Uimonen