[linux-audio-user] More MIDI/sysex dump/sequencers...

Tim Orford tim at orford.org
Fri Oct 10 08:49:01 EDT 2003

>[...]
> need for something like that to be rather less nowadays
> (certainly I do nearly everything with software synths and I
> can't conceive of a way to set them all up automatically at the
> beginning of a song without using a fairly rigid framework like
> Buzz on the PC where you do all your sound generation internally
> or using plugins, nothing like ALSA or Jack), but there was a
> time when it was very necessary.  Necessary as in "Oh my god, I
> have 700 banks on this floppy, which one was I using when I
> wrote this song?!"

lol! so true.
but as any half-decent midi sequencer already, has the
inate ability to send and receive sysex, i beleive ladcca is (will be) a
more general solution, ie it will load your arrangement tool, jackd, all
softsynths etc and load the correct data into them at the press of a
button.
http://pkl.net/~node/ladcca.html

cheers
--