[linux-audio-user] snd-hdsp module load failed???

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Fri Oct 10 17:49:01 EDT 2003

> then I got the failed today, and when I tried to insmod the module from a
> terminal I get:
> # /sbin/insmod snd-hdsp
> Using /lib/modules/2.4.20-20.1.caps.rh90/kernel/sound/snd-hdsp.o
> /lib/modules/2.4.20-20.1.caps.rh90/kernel/sound/snd-hdsp.o: unresolved symbol
> snd_hwdep_new_Rf0dea83e

Don't use insmod, use modprobe instead. "snd-hdsp" depends on a module
that was not loaded and that's why it is failing with an unresolved
symbol message. Modprobe takes care of dependencies and loads anything
that the module needs.

-- Fernando