[linux-audio-user] audiophile 2496 - spdif in

wes schreiner wes at infosink.com
Sun Oct 12 04:56:00 EDT 2003

Rick Taylor wrote:

>>>The interrupt_line register doesn't affect the card in any way, it's
>>>there for information purposes only. The BIOS sets this register so
>>>that drivers know which interrupt to use.
>>>
>>>To change the interrupt routing, you have to reprogram some registers
>>>of the PCI controller (starting at 60h in Intel's ICHx southbridges
>>>IIRC, but read Intel's datasheet first). And I don't know if the
>>>kernel is able to realize that the interrupt has changed.
>>>
>>>HTH
>>>Clemens
>>>

>>Well there we go, so it's back to juggling cards in PCI slots and
>>switching motherboards. I can report that irqtune does indeed change the
>>interrupt priority though, using kernel 2.4.21. That might help someone.
>>
>>wes
>>

>http://www.rt.com/man/setserial.8.html

      "It  is  important  to note that setserial merely tells the
       Linux kernel where it should expect to find the  I/O  port
       and  IRQ lines of a particular serial port.  It does *not*
       configure the hardware, the actual serial board, to use  a
       particular  I/O  port."

>http://www.scyld.com/diag/

Only mentions changing ISA network card interrupts.

>http://www.opsycon.com/PMON2000/OnlineManual/CmdRef/cmd_pcfg.htm

Does the same job as setpci. Includes an interactive mode.