[linux-audio-user] Copyrights on samples

dwillis at stx.rr.com dwillis at stx.rr.com
Mon Oct 13 11:40:01 EDT 2003

> Vincent Touquet <vincent.touquet at pandora.be> wrote:
>
> > IMHO it is totally legal if you do your own recording (you create the
> > samples yourself, so you own the copyright), this is the way a lot of
> > sample cds of instruments work.

i'm working on a microKORG clone in pd, and plan on sampling korg's DWGS
(digital waveform generator syetm) sounds.  i've read the manual backwards
and forwards a few times and nothing in there says what my rights are and
are not with the microKORG.  i apparantly can legally reverse engineer the
hardware, not that i want to (but i plan on doing to my tr808 some day, as
well as modify it so i can control it via pd and my parallel port).

-dave