[linux-audio-user] Copyrights on samples

Brian Redfern bredfern at calarts.edu
Tue Oct 14 22:46:01 EDT 2003

I that case I'd just finagle access to a grand piano at calarts and
sample it myself :-), which is just what I'm doing with some classical
and rock guitar patches I'm developing, though csound can make
guitar-like sounds, its easier to maipulate nylon string classical
samples for what I'm working on.

Anyways its all about going the extra mile, I'm really puny and slow
compared to what some of my ex-classmates have done, Douglas has done
some insane stuff with what I call his "emoto-bots", he had this cookie
tin that would vibrate when you pet it right that was really cool way
back in '97, and Ryan Francesoni built his own mac performance software.

Me, I just learned to build terminatorX from cvs, and that sh*t took me
5 years to learn :-).

But I'm working on csound to be able to produce my own custom patches
for my asrx sampler and soundfonts as well. Also csound is great for
doing algorithmic composition, my goal right now is to develop a good
algorithm for some trippy stuff with csound under linux and then port it
to a custom jsyn applet and release the source as well so people can
enjoy my algorithm under windows and osx as well as linux.