[linux-audio-user] Copyrights on samples

iriXx m at irixx.org
Wed Oct 15 06:37:05 EDT 2003

>  The idea of copyrighting a single note strikes me as a bit strange.
>
>  Maybe it applies to the library as a whole?
>
>  {I've no idea.}

the copyright exists in the waveform and the sound library. you can't
copyright A400 Hz but you can copyright a preset.
it all goes back again to what i was saying about reasonable effort
being put into creating a work.

m~

--

  ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_     HTTP 503: Too Busy

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are
subtle and will piss on your computer."
-- Bruce Graham

Musicians say No to RIAA Persecution and Prosecution of Music Lovers!

Sign the petition at http://www.copyleftmedia.org.uk/justsayno/

  .::. www.iriXx.org .::. www.copyleftmedia.org.uk .::.