[linux-audio-user] BruteFIR with AudioPhile 2496

Benjamin Flaming lau at solobanjo.com
Wed Oct 15 16:12:00 EDT 2003

I'm trying to get BruteFIR operating in realtime on my 2496.  Currently, however, it fails with the following output:

ALSA I/O: Could not set audio input parameters for "maudio":
  Failed to set channel count to 2: Invalid argument.
Failed to init input device.
Failed to initialise digital audio interfaces.

I get the same message regardless of whether I use the "maudio" pcm defined in my .asoundrc, or "hw", or "hw:0".  I've tried setting channels to 8/0,1 on input, 10/0,1 on output, also with no effect.

My input and output settings for BruteFIR are as follows:

input "left input", "right input" {
	device: "alsa" { param: "maudio"; };
	sample: "S32_LE";
	channels: 2;
};

output "left output", "right output" {
	device: "alsa" { param: "maudio"; };
	sample: "S32_LE";
	channels: 2;
};

And my .asoundrc looks like this:

pcm.maudio {
	type hw;
	card 0;
	device 0;
}

ctl.maudio {
	type hw;
	card 0;
}

pcm.spdif_cap {
	type plug;
	ttable.0.8 1;
	ttable.1.9 1;
	slave.pcm {
		type hw;
		card 0;
		device 0;
	}
}

I'm running the 2.6.0-test5 kernel, and therefore using the ALSA version included.

I'd welcome any suggestions :)