[linux-audio-user] Updating GTK2 on RH 8.0

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Fri Oct 17 07:53:28 EDT 2003

> SuSE tend to bundle a lot of stuff, much of which doesn't really
> work yet or hasn't been well packaged

Personally, I'd rather have a distro on 1 CD of well tested and
integrated stuff than 7 CD's of random binaries. Quality, not
quantity is the key, because we're basically up against OS X and
Windows XP, and you get very little extra software as standard with
those OS's. So it's easy for a Linux distro to look untested and
poorly integrated by comparison.

At the time of SuSE 8.1, I think Paul Davis was specifically asking
people not to distribute binaries, which is fair enough.

Cheers

Daniel