[linux-audio-user] noise from soundcard

Reuben Martin MartinR at jbu.edu
Fri Oct 17 11:14:16 EDT 2003

>> I suggest that you take your electricity for the computer and amplifier
>> and all that get's physically connected to them from one grounded outlet.
>> And beware if you have antennas connected to the system, they give ground
>> loop humming also.
>
>I tried putting everything on the same power strip and I still get the
>noise.  I have a mixer and an amplifier that the signal is going
>through, and I get the same noise going:

Just because you are plugged into a three prong outlet doesn't mean it's grounded. Sometimes when electrical outlets are wired, the ground connection isn't actually grounded and is useless. Sometimes power strips have a little light on it to show if it is actually grounded or not. Also, cheap power conditioners can help alot. (Rack Rider for instance)