[linux-audio-user] [ann] Test your ogg players at IRCAM's Resonances online off festival!

Mark Knecht markknecht at comcast.net
Sat Oct 18 09:31:23 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 13:40, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> <SNIP>
>
> The real URL for
> the ogg-stream is http://reseaunances.ircam.fr:8000/reseaunances.ogg
> Currently there is some terribly beautiful music by Yoshihiro HANNO
> streaming...

Frank,
   Hi. I'm setting up my system to try and listen to some of this later
today. I did figure out, or think I did, how to get alsaplayer to
apparently load and play the ogg stream. Thanks to who ever wrote how to
do that. (I no longer have the email.)

   Does this stream run all the time, and music only plays during the
scheduled times? Right now I'm getting a noise signal of about -38db,
according to hdspmixer. No audio, which is expected, but I do get this
digital noise right now.

   So, I believe there is a 9 hour difference between California and
Paris, so I guess I check back again around 11AM here to see if this is
working. I'm looking forward to this!

Thanks,
Mark