[linux-audio-user] Frustrated, but definately not giving up.

Christopher Mazur cjmazur at shaw.ca
Sun Oct 19 06:25:09 EDT 2003

Does anyone know how to get RoseGarden4 and Ardour 0.9beta5 to play nicely?  I
thought that's why they added the JACK master/transport master function in
Beta5 and I'd really like to have both of them synced.

What I'm trying to do is not unlike using SMPTE have Rosegarden act as a slave
and Rosegarden to be the master.

Here's what I do:

1) Fire up Jack using QjackCTL
2) Load Ardour
3) Load Rosegarden

I create a sequence in Rosegarden.  Then nothing happens. :)

I've gotten this far, but I can't get Ardour in Sync with Rosegarden when I
press play in Ardour, rosegarden isn't "chasing" or locking onto sync.  I'm
trying to capture my sampler which is inputted to my Delta card and have the
MIDI/Audio in sync.  and no, I haven't been using MTC either..

I've noticed there is a Start|Pause feature in the qjackctl front end for
JackD but It doesn't seem to have any effect.

Is this configuring possible, or am I mistaken and just misinterpreting what
the terminologies mean?  If it's in fact just ardour and/or rosegarden has
anyone been successful in syncing a MIDI sequencer and multi-track audio
editor (MUSE/Audacity perhaps?)

Regards,
Chris