[linux-audio-user] How to check if I have midi connection?

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Mon Oct 20 05:45:28 EDT 2003

Ketil Thorgersen wrote:
> Alsa Patch bay gives me a: Rawmidi: 0 - Hoontech SoundTrack Audio
> DSP24 MPU-401 entry at least (actually 2 - one for each midi
> port), but no matter which I choose in rosegarden or any other
> app, I get no signal in the displays. How do I find out if it's
> working, and how do I troubleshoot.

There is a test application which shows all received events in the
alsa-lib source package. Go to the alsa-lib/test/ directory, run
"make seq", then call it like "./seq decoder 64.0", where 64.0 is the
client/port number (you have to use a point instead of the usual colon
here).

However, MIDI input on that card is broken AFAIK.

Regards,
Clemens