[linux-audio-user] How to check if I have midi connection?

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Mon Oct 20 07:36:23 EDT 2003

Taybin Rutkin wrote:
> I believe the ALSA status page isn't as up-to-date as it should be.  I would actually rely more on annecdote than it.

It's as up to date as the reports of either the developers or the users
so someone must have got the driver working.

It would be helpful if you could send some status info eg

cat /proc/asound/xxx

What are your settings in the modules.conf file? The developers will no
doubt be interested if there is a midi bug for this device.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
Http://www.boosthardware.com

Being on stage with the band in front of crowds shouting, "Get off! No!
We want normal music!", I think that was more like acting than anything
I've ever done.

Goldie, 8 Nov, 2002
The Scotsman