[linux-audio-user] generating soundfonts

Rocco linuxmedia4 at netscape.net
Mon Oct 20 22:10:21 EDT 2003

atte at ballbreaker.dk wrote:

> AFAI can see you cannot edit the sample (in swami)
 > in anyway. You can inspect it and set the loop,
 > that's it...

If You're suggesting that "smurf" wont edit a sample because "swami"
doesn't (because smurf is an earlier version of swami), then I can't
agree with that. I started using smurf because (whatever version) of
swami  (that I was using at that time) wouldn't let Me do something that
I wanted to do (I can't remember what it was that I was attempting to
do) but smurf would let me do whatever it was that I was attempting to do.

Whatever smurf allowed Me to do (that swami wouldn't) was important. I
think it had to do with loading or saving a sound font. So, if I'm not
mistaken about that, then it's not so hard to beleive that smurf will
allow for a sample to be edited.

BTW.. I use smurf Version 0.52.6

Rocco