[linux-audio-user] Building SpiralSynthModular - undefined libpng references

Benjamin Flaming lau at solobanjo.com
Thu Oct 30 16:44:23 EST 2003

I'm trying to build SpiralSynthModular on a Slackware 9.0 system.  Everything seems to go fine until I get:

/usr/local/lib/libpng.so: undefined reference to `deflate'
/usr/local/lib/libpng.so: undefined reference to `inflate'
/usr/local/lib/libpng.so: undefined reference to `inflateInit_'
/usr/local/lib/libpng.so: undefined reference to `crc32'
/usr/local/lib/libpng.so: undefined reference to `deflateInit2_'
/usr/local/lib/libpng.so: undefined reference to `inflateReset'
/usr/local/lib/libpng.so: undefined reference to `deflateReset'
/usr/local/lib/libpng.so: undefined reference to `inflateEnd'
/usr/local/lib/libpng.so: undefined reference to `deflateEnd'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [spiralsynthmodular] Error 1

I downloaded, built, and installed the latest version of libpng (including the obligatory download/build/install of the latest zlib), and ran ldconfig, but I still get this message.  I've tried building 0.2.0rc2 instead of 0.2.1, but the result is the same.  I also tried not using the --enable-jack option when "./configure"ing, with no effect.

gcc version is 3.2.2
ld version is 2.13.90.0.18 20030121

Any suggestions?