[linux-audio-user] Announcing Gnomoradio

iriXx m at irixx.org
Fri Oct 31 10:08:49 EST 2003

now THAT is cool.
do you mind if i borrow this... i'm writing some stuff in my book about
why the GPL actually makes you better off than proprietary.

the other thing is you never get tied into exclusive licenses. if a
publisher prints my book, i still have the right to go away and get
someone else to print it, or print it myself. i retain my rights by
using a Free license. nice fringe benefit when some authors have had
their books printed, not marketed properly and when they've wanted to
get the rights back to sell it to another publisher they've found theyre
in a 2 year or more contract.

i believe the fundamental reason why the FSF has been so successful,
where other Free Software ventures failed, is that RMS is very shrewd
with money, and shrewd in setting up infrastructures. he's always got a
clever idea for how you could build a system like this that actually
contributes back to the Free Software community. he told me he hates the
idea of 'business models' - but to compete in that sort of a world, he's
been very clever with investment, charging for software where necessary,
and obtaining grants and awards for his work. we could learn a lot from him.

m~

--

  ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_     HTTP 503: Too Busy

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are
subtle and will piss on your computer."
-- Bruce Graham

Musicians say No to RIAA Persecution and Prosecution of Music Lovers!

Sign the petition at http://www.copyleftmedia.org.uk/justsayno/

  .::. www.iriXx.org .::. www.copyleftmedia.org.uk .::.