[linux-audio-user] Latency question

Greg Reddin gtreddin at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 3 11:19:01 EDT 2003

I would choose the Delta over the Audigy any day.  Like others have
said, the Creative cards are consumer cards and not really
well-suited for recording in general.  The M-Audio cards are created
with recording in mind and offer you more I/O, better converters,
etc.

As for Audacity, it's easy to use, but last time I checked (a long
time ago) you could only record one track at a time (maybe a stereo
track, I don't remember).  That may be a fine replacement for your
4-track if you only record one track at a time.  Also, last time I
checked, Audacity didn't support real-time effects - only effects
printed to the track.  Somebody correct me if this is no longer true.

Greg