[linux-audio-user] screenshots needed!

Taybin Rutkin taybin at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 3 21:02:01 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 11:36, Daniel James wrote:
> > I believe the ardour screen shots have been updated since the last
> > Sound on Sound article.
>
> They look pretty much like the ones they used last time, I'm afraid.
>
> > The Session Exchange program has a screenshot here:
> > http://piratesvsninjas.typepad.com/photos/taybin/sessionshare.html
>
> Thanks for that! Could you explain what the 'snapshot' part of the
> interface does? When sync'ing two sessions, how do you specify which
> is the master copy?

Ardour has a snapshot feature which is used to save different versions
of the same session.  The snapshot list is just a list of those.  It's
not so much a syncing.  It's more of a "copy this snapshot and any
needed audio files".  So in a sense, the server you connect to is the
master.  But if someone connects to you, then you're the master.

Taybin