[linux-audio-user] Jack problem

Christophe Vescovi vescovi at lpsc.in2p3.fr
Thu Sep 4 04:00:01 EDT 2003

Hi all,
I'm running Mandrake 9.1 with multimedia kernel and applications that
come mostly from thacs RPMS.
I have just download jack 0.80.0, qjackctl (great tool !!) and when
starting jack with -R option I get the error message : "cannot lock down
memory for RT thread".
Even with this error rosegarden work fine when using only the wavetable
synth of my sblive (no xruns, even under KDE, switching windows or doing
other nasty things that usually cause xruns).
The problem is that I cannot connect softsynth to jack (I get the same
RT thread error), I have tried with ams --jack and zynaddsubfx.
I have seen on list archive several users having the same problems but
no clear answer on the reason of the problem ....

Thanks,
Christophe