[linux-audio-user] problems with EMI 2|6 and alsa

np np at f-matic.net
Thu Sep 4 13:11:00 EDT 2003

Hello list,

Anyone here have any experience getting alsa to work with the EMI 2|6? I'm
having some problems getting everything to play nice together. Using aplay
with no options gives me some errors about sample formats (according to
/proc/asound/card0/stream1 the acceptable sample formats are S16_LE and
S24_LE). 'Using aply -d plughw:1 sound.wav'gets me a little further - aplay
tells me:

"Playing sound.wav - Signed 16 bit Little Endian, 44.1KHz, Mono." Then
it informs me "xrun - at least 0.074 ms long!" and then I get an error
message :

Alsa lib pcm_hw.c:494:(snd_pcm_hw_start) - SNDDRV_PCM_IOCTL_START failed
: Broken pipe.

And of course I get no sound. For the record I'm running debian sid, 2.4.19
kernel, alsa 0.9.6 on a G3 Powerbook 500. Perhaps something wrong with my
alsa lib? Or am I missing something here? Any help from someone with any
experience with the EMI 2|6 would be greatly appreciated!

best,
Nick