[linux-audio-user] Loops

Andy Cragg caesura at freenetname.co.uk
Fri Sep 5 16:20:00 EDT 2003

Hello list,

I'm a new convert to linux audio having used Logic, CoolEdit, rebirth
and Acid - but there is one thing that really puzzles me ...

When I use one of the above windows apps there is always a loop facility
where a section/region/chunk of the track can be easily looped just by
selecting it with the mouse and pressing play ... I've downloaded
ardour, rosegarden, gnusound, audacity, and others and none of them have
this instant loop facility (er, except sweep, which is fine, but I need
a loop mixer/editor like logic or acid to put my samples together).

Am I the only one to work in this way?

The other thing with ardour (fantastic looking) is that I can't get
samples to sit next to each other (snap) unless I'm really careful with
the mouse - any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Andy