[long] sound-server history Re: [linux-audio-user] What's arts?

Guy Clotilde guy.clotilde at wanadoo.fr
Mon Sep 8 07:44:00 EDT 2003

On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 19:28:09 +1000, Luke Yelavich wrote / a écrit:

> At 06:47 PM 8/09/2003, Daniel James wrote:
> >There is an argument for not using a general-purpose sound server when
> >making music. Anecdote: a few years back, there was a song that got
> >quite a bit of radio airplay that featured somewhere in the middle
> >the sound effect on Windows for 'you've got mail'.  It used to annoy
> >the hell out of people who listened to the radio while working on
> >their computer, and the radio station I was listening to at the time
> >got a few complaints.
>
> What song? I would like to check it out :)

Hi
I can hear distinctly (sp?) a windows sound (mail?) on St-Germain's teck-jazz album TOURIST (on the label BlueNote, http://www.bluenote.com/detail.asp?SelectionID=9960 ).
I don't remember th exact song, but I can check it if someone wants.
I don't know if this is the one Daniel talks about.

regards
GuyCLO~
#219055 http://counter.li.org
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/guy.clotilde/index.html
Change your Linux PC in a Rythm Station with holborn's GMORGAN:
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/guy.clotilde/GMORGAN/index.html