[linux-audio-user] Generating drones, take 2

mawali at news.icns.com mawali at news.icns.com
Tue Sep 9 12:44:00 EDT 2003

Hi
According to the responses to my previous post. There does not seem to be
a way in linux to send MIDI command from my shell to a MIDI output
interface.

The closest response I got was to use a MIDI controller (keyboard) press
the note and then pull the keyboard cable so it cannot send a stop (it
works but, I do believe there is a better way in linux).

For reference I want to be able to generate drone tones on my MIDI. I am
looking for a simple application (MIDI shell??) that would let me turn a
particular note on. I already have a sound card with the wavetable, this
sound card understands midi. Alsa is supposed to have a good midi api, so
how so I insert a midi event into my souncards midi output interface!!
FT