[linux-audio-user] RME hammerfall DSP Multiface: SOLVED :-)

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Wed Sep 10 05:39:01 EDT 2003

> Are you saying that the "Add comment" button on
> http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/ just dumps the comments into
> a black hole?

No, just that it's not possible for users to edit the main matrix with
the most important information - ie, does the card work or not?

It might also be useful to have a sort of 'gold star' so that people
who are looking to buy a soundcard to use with Linux have an idea
which are the best supported, according to existing users. You could
break this down by category in order to answer questions such as
'what are the best USB audio devices?' or 'what is the best ADAT
interface?'. This could be linked through to third-party sales
websites, which could generate some revenue to pay someone to
maintain the document.

> As for the matrix itself, I wonder how long it will be before
> alsa-project notices that Midiman changed their name to M-Audio
> years ago

I think for a while they still used the Midiman name specifically for
MIDI products - maybe they stil do. But people will be looking for
M-Audio in the matrix, it's true.

Cheers

Daniel