[linux-audio-user] kaboom effect

Rick Taylor ricktaylor at speakeasy.net
Wed Sep 10 06:41:00 EDT 2003

> --- toby at tobiah.org wrote:
> > Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:

> > > What a way would you suggest me to go, if I
> > } decided to emulate a sound of
> > > an explosion?

> > I would try blowing up a paper bag, and recording
> > sound of bursting it between your hands.  Then,
> > slow the sound down by a factor which should be in
> > accordance to the desired size of the explosion.

 I'd just go here:

 http://www.archive.org/

 and download either one of the pearl harbor documentaries
 or something similar and warlike. {Tho I suppose that if
 you're looking for an industrial thing you'd have to adjust
 your search accordingly.} There are several appropriate films.
 {:} You can even get the footage of the early atomic bomb
 tests.}

 There's plenty of linux software that can copy out a bit
 of the audio...