[linux-audio-user] RME hammerfall DSP Multiface: SOLVED :-)

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Wed Sep 10 07:35:01 EDT 2003

Daniel James wrote:
>>Are you saying that the "Add comment" button on
>>http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/ just dumps the comments into
>>a black hole?
>

> No, just that it's not possible for users to edit the main matrix with
> the most important information - ie, does the card work or not?
>
> It might also be useful to have a sort of 'gold star' so that people
> who are looking to buy a soundcard to use with Linux have an idea
> which are the best supported, according to existing users. You could
> break this down by category in order to answer questions such as
> 'what are the best USB audio devices?' or 'what is the best ADAT
> interface?'. This could be linked through to third-party sales
> websites, which could generate some revenue to pay someone to
> maintain the document.

I like how you are thinking.

I have plans to do this but it requires access to the mysql database. If
you can wait for a couple of months more I should have something working.

>>As for the matrix itself, I wonder how long it will be before
>>alsa-project notices that Midiman changed their name to M-Audio
>>years ago
>

> I think for a while they still used the Midiman name specifically for
> MIDI products - maybe they stil do. But people will be looking for
> M-Audio in the matrix, it's true.

Will change it ASAP.

--

Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
Http://www.boosthardware.com

Being on stage with the band in front of crowds shouting, "Get off! No!
We want normal music!", I think that was more like acting than anything
I've ever done.

Goldie, 8 Nov, 2002
The Scotsman